Industrial and Commercial property development and management expertise
Calgary, Alberta-based CMS Real Estate is a premier industrial and commercial development & property management company. Specializing in commercial and in multi-family residential development, CMS Real Estate offers a full range of construction management and property management services. We develop projects for our own portfolio together with partnerships and outside investors. Our management expertise means we can provide turnkey and build-to-suit projects complete; from land acquisition to development planning, budgeting, financing, sales, right up to client move-in. We combine a management team of commercial brokerage, property management, financial, construction management and development staff to deliver the best possible real estate development solution for all needs and requirements.
Serving the needs of both owner and tenant, CMS Real Estate has established a strong reputation and a loyal clientele in asset, property and development management. We pay close attention to detail, design, and functional utility as well as maintaining a close relationship with our clients. It is a management style that starts with listening closely to customer needs; understanding how their business functions; and then ensuring our management team works together with the client to produce the ideal outcome.
At CMS Real Estate, we take pride in our creativity and our management expertise. Our “can-do” attitude extends to all aspects of the development management process ensuring all projects are designed to serve the financial objectives of the property owner while paying close attention to market conditions. Responsive service and maintenance are assured by dedicated, experienced CMS Real Estate managers assigned to each property.
Property Management functions designed to achieve the goals and objectives of the owners.
- Develop operating budget and capital budget for each property
- Develop repairs and maintenance program to maintain or improve conditions of each property
- Establish insurance coverage that protects the property and the owner’s interest.
- Review financing and maintain payments to protect the credibility of the owner.
- Determine appropriate staffing for on-site maintenance.
- Maintain sub-trades sufficient to perform any specialized repairs and maintenance
- Monitor budgets and tenant accounts
- Reporting – designed to individual owner and property requirements
- Complete management and release of excess funds with full reports on monthly basis
- Varying degrees of management (i.e. collections, maintenance, and insurance) and reporting same on monthly basis.
- Annual financial statements necessary for completion of owners tax return.
- Reconciliation and collection of Common Area Maintenance, (CAM) accounts.
- Trust Funds – each property has an individual trust account for funds collected and disbursed relating to the operation of that property. These trust accounts are audited annually and reported to RECA to protect the property owners.
Reports available – Quick Books program
- Profit & Loss Statements (monthly, year to date, actual and budget comparables)
- Balance Sheet
- Tenant ledgers
- Accounts Payables
- General Ledger (monthly, year to date or for a specific period)
Please have a look at our Real Estate Property Listings to see what’s on the market today . Our real estate listings are constantly changing; check back often for new postings.
CMS Real Estate is committed to excellence in serving clients and investors. If you have any questions or comments, or for more information on how CMS Real Estate’s management services can benefit you and your business, please contact us.